Thursday, October 10, 2013

"Play is a child's work."~~ Jean Piaget


The last two weeks we have been studying about community helpers.  We focused on many jobs in our community.  And as we all know, children learn best by play.  As they "worked" on many items that needed "fixing" and built amazing structures, I heard numerous conversations between "construction workers".  "Hand me the hammer, so I can fix this wall."  "Wait!  You didn't slow down!!  Didn't you read the sign??"  "Do Not Enter!, That means you can't come in here!"   As I listened, I knew our goal of learning about community helpers was being accomplished!  


"DO NOT ENTER!"  Notice the car inside?  "You can't go in because my car is parked inside.  There isn't any more room!"~

 The careful stacking of the blocks takes on a different level of thinking as they discover the importance and delicate nature of balance.


Notice the orange "slow" sign on the left.  It was used many times to slow our friends as they passed by!

No comments:

Post a Comment